Thursday, September 18, 2008

First day of the rest of my life

well here is the first of many. Its a brand new day one that should be charged at with full force, a red pen and my check list in life. BUT, instead ill just drag my butt out of bed, coffee cup in hand and hope for the best.

Tomorrow, I start paying off my credit cards. I'm 21 and have somewhere around 4,500 racked up. As a full time student I don't find it that embarrassing that I still live at home BUT since I have a full time job as well and am quite capable of moving out I need to pay of these crazy cards. This past week or two was a real kick in the butt for me in coming to terms with reality. I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO FINANCE MY LIFE.

It is not and exaggeration when I tell you that i have a HORRIBLE spending problem and truly don't know how to control myself. I have felt in the past that I need to be spending money, no matter what i'm spending it on. I could walk into a store and buy pencils just to feel good about myself because I have something inside of me 24/7 that says "YOU MUST SPEND SPEND SPEND". Its not all on selfish things though, I love to pay for other people as well, but that might just be because I love spending so dang much. Which I suppose is still selfish. HA

Anywhoo- that is all going to change fairly soon here because I am sick of living the way that I am, with the constant stress and pressure. I should own money, money should not own me.


Semi Snow ball effect starts tomorrow. (thank you pastor Bob)

No comments: